These guidelines are for anyone who may wish to interact with Wellocracy and its social media sites.
We encourage your posts and comments in social media channels maintained by Partners available through the Wellocracy Website.
Please understand that we cannot respond to every comment, and that we cannot offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via the Internet. If you have a question about your specific medical condition, you should contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
Partners does not moderate or censor comments, but we reserve the right to delete comments that are abusive or off topic or that contain foul language, spam or advertisements for commercial products. Mutual respect is a must and abusive language is out of bounds. For your privacy, you should consider carefully before posting personal medical information to the internet. Please remember that your posts and comments are available for all to see.
Your use of any of the social media channels maintained by Partners is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth below. By accessing, viewing, posting or otherwise using any content on or available through the Wellocracy Website, you unconditionally accept these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Wellocracy Website.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- Use of Wellocracy and its social media sites does not create a physician-patient relationship with any medical professional. Partners’ social media sites are made available with the understanding that the content and service providers are not engaged in rendering medical, health, psychological or any other kind of personal professional services through these sites. Users should consult with a medical, health or other competent professional before taking any action or drawing any inferences based upon the information accessed or viewed through the sites; any action taken by a user in response to information obtained from a social media site is at the user’s discretion. Nothing read on any Partners social media site should be relied upon to replace or overrule a licensed health care professional’s judgment or clinical diagnosis.
- Neither Partners nor its content or service providers guarantee or warrant the Partners social media sites against errors, defects, delays, omissions, interruptions or losses, including losses of data, nor are any files downloaded from a Partners site warranted or guaranteed to be free of viruses, bugs, worms or other such destructive properties.
- Users grant to Partners the irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) and right (i) to reproduce, publish, distribute and display content, (ii) to create derivative works from the content, (iii) to edit, modify or delete content, and (iv) to use content for any Partners purpose.
- Users are responsible for content submitted to social media sites. You may not submit any material or content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including those related to copyright and other intellectual property rights. You further agree that you will not submit any information that (i) is disruptive, threatening, abusive, profane, harassing, embarrassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene, hateful or racially, ethnically or is otherwise objectionable as solely determined by Partners, (ii) contains any product or service advertisements or endorsements, or (iii) can be construed as political lobbying.
- Users may not make any commercial use of any Partners social media site or any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Partners social media sites. Users may not download, post, display, publish, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, perform, broadcast, create derivative works, sell or otherwise exploit any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Partners social media sites. Users also agree not to alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise modify the meaning, appearance or purpose of any content, code, data or materials on or available through the Partners social media sites, including, but not limited to, altering, obscuring or removing any trademarks, trade names, logos or other proprietary rights notices.
- Partners reserves the right to edit, modify, remove or delete any content or other information or materials submitted by Users.
- Partners also reserves the right to monitor, restrict, block, suspend or discontinue your access to the Partners social media sites, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
- Partners may, without any liability to you, disclose your communications and activities with Partners social media in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Partners rights.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Partners and its content providers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of or access to Partners social media. Partners reserves the right, at its sole expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Partners’ defense of such claim.
- Partners may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of Partners social media at any time.
- PARTNERS SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH PARTNERS SOCIAL MEDIA, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS, ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, DISPLAYABILITY, ACCURACY, PRECISION, CORRECTNESS, THOROUGHNESS, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND PARTNERS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED.
- USER ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. PARTNERS DOES NOT WARRANT OR SAFEGUARD AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS TO INTERCEPT OR COMPROMISE USER INFORMATION POSTED TO PARTNERS SOCIAL MEDIA OR SENT OVER THE INTERNET.
- IN NO EVENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL PARTNERS, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, PARTNERS SOCIAL MEDIA OR THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION RELATED THERETO, USER’S PROVISION OF INFORMATION VIA PARTNERS SOCIAL MEDIA, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
- Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting or access to Partners social media shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles.
- PARTNERS RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND, MODIFY OR UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE. Changes will be effective when posted. Users’ continued use of the Partners social media after such changes to the terms and conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
The Partners Wellocracy Website is intended to provide general educational information and to help users more easily access information about personal “self-help” health care technologies.
Intention / Use of Website
This agreement can be modified by Partners HealthCare System, Inc. (“Partners”) at any time and any such modification will be effective immediately upon posting. By accessing and using this website, you assent to these terms and conditions.
If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Do not rely on electronic communications or communication through this website for immediate, urgent medical needs. This website is not designed to facilitate medical emergencies.
This website does not provide medical advice.
Some information on the site is written by health care providers affiliated with Partners and its affiliates, and some content is provided by outside sources.
The content of this website, such as graphics, images, text and all other materials, is provided for reference and educational purposes only. The content is not meant to be complete or exhaustive or to be applicable to any specific individual’s medical condition.
Partners assumes no duty to correct or update the website nor to resolve or clarify any inconsistent information that might be a part of the website. This website contains health or medically related materials that can be considered sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, do not use this website.
This website is not an attempt to practice medicine or provide specific medical advice, and it should not be used to make a diagnosis or to replace or overrule a qualified health care provider’s judgment. Users should not rely up this website for emergency medical treatment. The content on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult with a qualified and licensed physician or other medical care provider, and follow their advice without delay regardless of anything read on this website.
Use of programs on the Wellocracy Website does not establish a doctor–patient relationship.
You assume full responsibility for using the information on this site, and you understand and agree that Partners and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage resulting from its use by you or any user.
Partners cannot and does not warrant that access to the site will be error- or virus-free and does not guarantee against unauthorized users or hackers attempting to obtain access to this website.
Partners does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please consult a parent or guardian for help in using this website.
Accuracy and Timeliness
Although we try to keep the information on the site as accurate as possible, Partners disclaims any warranty concerning its accuracy, timeliness and completeness of content, and any other warranty, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Partners also reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue this website, any page or any functionality at any time and without any notice.
All copyrightable text, graphics, design, selection and arrangement of information in this website are copyrighted by Partners HealthCare System, Inc. unless otherwise noted. View the Copyright Notice .
We will review this disclaimer frequently and reserve the right to revise it periodically. If we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated policy here.
Copyright & Reprinting Notice
Wellocracy copyrightable text, graphics, design, selection and arrangement of information in this website are copyrighted by Partners HealthCare System, Inc. unless otherwise noted.
Information for Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
© Partners HealthCare System, Inc. All rights reserved.
Partners HealthCare System, Inc. (“Partners”) hereby grants permission to display, cache and print one copy our text, graphics, design, selection and arrangement of information (“Content”). Other than as expressly permitted, no part of our Content can be copied, reproduced, used, performed, distributed or redistributed in any form (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping or information storage and retrieval systems) for any purpose without the express written permission of Partners.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (the “DCMA”) the following are registered as Service Providers with the United States Copyright Office:
- Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
Notifications of copyright infringement claims occurring on Partners’ website should be reported to our designated agent, as follows:
Partners Healthcare System, Inc.
One Constitution Center, 2nd floor
Charlestown, MA 02129
Any such notice must be in writing, and must include the following information as required by the DMCA:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Partners to locate the material
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner